North Facing Orientation
Budget at time of build
Precast Concrete – Strine Precast
The open plan design is based on Zen principles allowing occupants to interact freely with nature
With a floor of just 70.5m2, this is a deceptively simple design. The open plan design is based on Zen principles allowing occupants to interact freely with nature unrestricted by decks, verandahs or fences. Embracing a quiet simplicity, minimalism, and the inherent beauty of natural materials and finishes including natural concrete, timber and glass, this is a retreat from urbanisation.
The building is fully autonomous, off the grid (no service connections) and passive solar including photovoltaic solar panels, solar hot water system, composting toilet and rainwater tank. The pyramidal roof structure houses the loft space and supports the photovoltaic panels and solar chimney.
The client brief was to provide a modest, secluded and aesthetically pleasing retreat from the city to be achieved with minimal footprint, disturbance to the site and energy requirements.
There is a discipline and restraint present in this minimalist design, using materials that translate into a contemplative and simple series of spaces at one with the environment.
• Low Energy
• Low Cost
• Low Maintenance
• Speed on delivery time
These modules are the outcome of decades of research and are built to last:
• Heavy weight using our unique highly insulated thermal panels*
• Fire resistant meeting most council requirements
• Have been designed to expand as your family changes and grows
• Are de-constructable in case you need to move or relocate
• Allergy free finishes options available
• Thermal panels provide high acoustic privacy
• Fast delivery and installation
• Highly insulated sandwich constructed precast concrete walls
• Highly insulated burnished and sealed concrete floors
• Lofty raked ceilings
• Ceiling fans
• Quality joinery, fittings and appliances throughout
• lnslab heating to south
• Terrace & pergola slabs
• Northern steel pergola
• Rainwater tank
• Photovoltaic solar electricity system
• Solar hot water system